Bass power you'll hear and feel
When you have a product as successful as SVS's 2000 series subwoofers - the company's bestselling models ever - you'd better have a good reason for replacing them. Actually, their new PB-2000 Pro is more than an update of the PB-2000 - it's a reinvention. Although the cabinet size is the same, the woofer and amplifier are all new, and this model now has dual bass-reflex ports like SVS's pricier PB-3000.
You won't find many subwoofers anywhere near this price range that can deliver bass as low and loud and clean as this one can. If you're looking for a sub that can rock a large home theater, but also offers easy ways to fine-tune the sound for any room, read on.
The PB-2000 Pro's rear-panel touch controls make changing settings easy.
Deep, powerful, and precise bass for movies and music
The PB-2000 Pro's 12" aluminum-cone woofer and high-current 550-watt amplifier produce subterranean low frequencies all the way down to 16 Hz! The innovative amplifier design combines the efficiency of a Class D switching power supply with the high current capability of fully discrete MOSFET output devices. You'll hear seismic rumble and crushing impact in movie soundtracks, and tuneful bass lines in your favorite music.
The PB-2000 Pro's dual 3" ports allow the long-throw 12" driver to make wide excursions, creating high-output levels at very low frequencies. Those flared, low-noise ports are placed on the front of the enclosure to minimize back-wall interaction for greater bass accuracy and easier sub placement.
That's the brawn part. The PB-2000 Pro's "brains" are supplied by a sophisticated 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP that is one of the most advanced digital processors you'll find in a subwoofer. It constantly monitors and maintains pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls, and more.
Simple control from the sub or your phone
The PB-2000 Pro is designed for easy set-up and integration in both multichannel home theater and two-channel systems. On the back panel is SVS's Intelligent Control Interface, which uses touch buttons and an LED bar to make changing DSP settings and other audio adjustments straightforward.
But the best way to control this sub is via SVS's free smartphone app, a feature that until now has only been available on SVS's pricier subs. It lets you select your room's layout, tweak volume level and crossover frequency, and change other key audio settings. You can save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets - for example, separate listening modes for movies or music. Use the app to make all these adjustments and more, right from your seat.
- Featured in our article: Best home theater subwoofers for 2024
- frequency response: 16-290 Hz (± 3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output delivers 550 watts of RMS power (1500 watts peak)
- front-firing 12" aluminum woofer cone with cast aluminum basket for high efficiency and low distortion
- bass reflex cabinet design with dual front-firing 3" ports
- acoustically optimized cabinet features a double-thickness MDF front baffle and extensive internal bracing
- advanced audio processing using high-resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with precise 56-bit filtering
- rear-panel Intelligent Control Interface with backlit touch controls and LED display
- full-featured control via Bluetooth® for Apple® and Android™ devices
- app-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, and other bass management functions
- bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in app
- selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- three digital Parametric EQ filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- continuously variable low-pass crossover (30-200 Hz)
- continuously variable phase control (0-180° )
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- line-level RCA outputs to daisy-chain additional powered subwoofers
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- 3.5mm remote trigger input for turning the subwoofer on/off from another component
- USB output for service, and powering accessories like the SVS Soundpath Wireless Audio Adapter (sold separately)
- detachable 8-ft. power cord
- non-resonant ABS fabric mesh grille
- 17-3/8"W x 21"H x 23-15/16"D (with grille)
- weight: 64.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # PB-2000 PRO BK ASH
What's in the box:
SVS PB-2000 Pro owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- SVS brochure