Premium audio and video performance
Designed and manufactured in Japan, the AVR-X6800H is one of the most capable home theater receivers from Denon. With its impressive 140-watt power rating, the 'X6800H has the muscle to drive most speakers to peak dynamism, even in the most challenging home theater layout. Advanced 8K video and next-gen gaming support has been applied to the AVR-X6800H on all seven HDMI inputs and two of the three HDMI outputs. Your movies and games never looked so good!
Music quality isn't an afterthought in the 'X6800H, either. An advanced digital-to-analog converter and powerful upsampling technology give you crystal-clear sound and bring out subtle details of your music.
More options for system calibration
Denon still includes the excellent Audyssey speaker calibration suite to tune your theater sound to your space. And now, you also have the option to purchase and download the Dirac Live® advanced speaker calibration program to your Mac® or PC. Fine-tune the output of your system to match the unique sonic characteristics of your space and bring your surround sound to exciting new heights.
Plentiful options for speaker setups
The AVR-X6800H has outputs for 13 speakers, and it can power up to 11 at the same time. This gives you the flexibility to choose from different home theater and wired multi-room music configurations.
Use all 11 channels in a 7.1.4 or a 9.1.2 Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X® system. Or go with a more modest surround sound setup and repurpose the extra channels for music in another zone. If you don't have height speakers, you can still enjoy simulated overhead effects with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization.
You can even expand your system beyond the receiver's 11 built-in channels of power. Its 13-channel RCA preamp outputs make it a very capable preamp/processor if you want to add separate amplifiers.
Four subwoofer outputs
One of the most exciting features on this new receiver, in my opinion, is the inclusion of four subwoofer outputs.Using multiple powered subs obviously gives you more bass, but also more balanced bass. Choose the "Standard" subwoofer setting for evenly distributed bass performance throughout the room, or "Directional" to tailor each sub's bass performance to the closest speaker.
Enjoy music your way
If you're like me, you'll use your new receiver to play music in addition to watching movies. The AVR-X6800H lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even Apple AirPlay 2. It will also show up in your player list if you're using Roon (subscription required).
Love spinning vinyl? This receiver has a built-in phono input for your turntable. And if you've carefully curated an awesome digital music library, you can play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
Expand your system with HEOS Built-in
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all of your music - from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora® , Spotify® , and TIDAL - through the 'X6800H.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system as well. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app.
Power and processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® , DTS® , and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- AL32 Processing Multichannel technology upsamples audio signals for clear, smooth sound
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for four subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
- optional Dirac Live room calibration and bass management
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora® , TIDAL, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from your Apple® device
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- works as a Roon player (requires subscription and Roon Core running on your network)
- Roon Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS drive, or other compatible hardware
- three-room/three-source output
- powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- line-level 2nd- and 3rd-room output for use with one or two separate amplifiers or powered speakers
- amp assign function lets you reassign the height channels for bi-amping, or for use in Zone 2 or 3
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that all zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- TV Audio sharing lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in additional zones
- supports both analog and digital audio connections
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all inputs and 2 out of 3 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- all inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- upscales 1080p and 4K signals to 8K resolution
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision® , Dynamic HDR, and HLG
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- 1 component video input
- 2 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo RCA line-level audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 13.4-channel preamp outputs
- four discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 13 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R, Height3 Front Wide L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 11 channels at once
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12-volt trigger connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- full-sized headphone jack
- removable power cord
- free Denon AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 16-5/16"D (9-5/16"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 34.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # AVRX6800HBKE3