Shown in Piano Gloss Black.
Neutral, natural sound carries you deep into the music
The Ultra Tower is SVS's flagship speaker. When it was being designed, the goal was simple: create the best $2000/pair speakers available. The Ultra Tower is a true full-range speaker, packed with innovation inside and out. At the same time, it uses tried-and-true materials and construction techniques, instead of costly exotic materials. Its sound is detailed, dynamic, and beautifully balanced from top to bottom.
In the world of high-end speakers, the Ultra Tower is a standout value. It's a great 2-channel solution for audiophiles, and you can easily build a matching home theater system using the other models in the Ultra family.
Thoughtfully designed cabinet and drivers
Plenty of companies build their speakers using off-the-shelf components, but SVS designs all their drivers in-house. That's a huge advantage because it gives them complete control over how the drivers, crossover, and cabinet interact.
SVS describes the Ultra Tower as a 3.5-way design. That's because each of the dual 6-1/2" mid/bass drivers has its own crossover point. Those two drivers cover the crucial frequency range from 160 Hz (the hand-off point to the woofers), all the way up to 2000 Hz (the transition point to the tweeter). Using two identical drivers to cover this broad range guarantees seamless sound with focused imaging.
The horizontally opposed 8" woofers are mounted on the side panels of the tower, which are also non-parallel, so each of the woofers fires in a slightly different direction. This approach helps low frequencies blend better in your room, and also cancels out cabinet vibrations for smoother bass. This is a bass-reflex design, with a large port on the rear panel. SVS includes a foam plug you can insert into the port to adjust the bass output to suit your particular room or tastes.
SVS's advanced 1" aluminum dome tweeter - used throughout the Ultra series - is fitted with a special diffusor that keeps high frequencies sounding clean and clear, even when you crank up the volume.
Build a complete Ultra system
Center channel: SVS Ultra Center
Surround speakers: SVS Ultra Surround
Bookshelf speakers: SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Powered subwoofer: SVS SB-2000 or PB-2000
Most speakers don't include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- 3.5-way design
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- dual 6-1/2" composite glass-fiber mid/bass drivers
- dual 8" polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 28-32,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-firing port
- includes a foam port plug for adjusting the speaker's low-frequency performance
- sealed mid/bass enclosure shifts standing waves beyond the driver pass band, improving sound quality
- horizontally-opposed woofers cancel vibrations for smooth, accurate bass response
- non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, reducing sound colorations
- chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improve high frequency response
- dual pairs of gold-plated binding posts allow bi-amp/bi-wire configurations
- two sets of threaded adjustable feet: spikes for carpeted floors, and elastomer isolation feet for hard floors
- removable cloth grille
- 13-15/16"W x 45-5/8"H x 17-1/2"D
- weight: 75.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # UltraTower - PBG
What's in the box:
SVS Ultra Tower owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Cloth grille
- 2 Metal grilles
- Foam port plug
- 4 Elastomer isolation feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Nuts
- 4 Protective discs
- 2 Terminal jumpers (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card