The SVS Prime Pinnacle reveals engaging detail in your favorite music tracks.
Dynamic sound for music and movies
For me, the "pinnacle" of design is a speaker that sounds good, looks good, and is versatile enough to handle everything I listen to. The SVS Prime Pinnacle checks all the boxes. This floor-standing speaker looks cool (particularly in Piano Black), and it has a relatively compact footprint. Plus, this speaker can bring the power when watching a blockbuster movie, or reveal soul-stirring detail when listening to your favorite albums.
No corners cut
SVS begins the speaker design process with extensive computer modeling, which helps them zero in on the right driver, crossover, and cabinet characteristics. Then, like other world-class speaker companies, they test each design in an anechoic chamber, which eliminates the effects of room reflections, to ensure highly accurate measurements.
The third and most critical step involves lots of listening. SVS's listening room was specifically designed to resemble a typical living room. The engineering team listens to familiar tracks over and over, working toward sound that is both accurate and emotionally engaging. This is where the art of listening balances out scientific measurement.
In-house driver design
SVS designs all their drivers in-house, which makes them stand out from companies that use off-the-shelf components. This approach gives them complete control over how the drivers, crossover, and cabinet interact.
Take the Prime Pinnacle's three 6-1/2" woofers, for example. Each has a separate internal compartment in the cabinet with an individually tuned 2" port. This attention to detail helps the drivers blend seamlessly together for accurate frequency response, crisp speed in transients, and deep, room-energizing bass.
The 5-1/4" midrange driver is also mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure a smooth, precise and clear midrange, free from coloration.
SVS's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is fitted with a special diffusor that keeps high frequencies sounding clean and clear, even when you crank up the volume.
This tower speaker employs a SoundMatch 3-way crossover to make all the drivers work well together. It helps create an expansive soundstage with accurate frequency response and precise imaging for a large, engaging â€œsweet spot."
Build a complete Prime system
Center channel: SVS Prime Center
Surround speakers: SVS Prime Elevation
Bookshelf speakers: SVS Prime Bookshelf
Powered subwoofer: SVS SB-3000 or PB-3000
Most speakers don't include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 5-1/4" composite glass-fiber midrange driver
- three 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 29-25,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex cabinet with triple rear-firing ports
- separate sealed midrange enclosure improves sound quality and enhances imaging
- three separate woofer enclosures with optimized port tuning frequencies for smooth, accurate bass response
- chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improve high frequency response
- SoundMatch 3-way crossover helps create an expansive soundstage with accurate frequency response
- 5-way binding posts accept bare wire, pins, spade lugs, and banana connectors
- two sets of threaded adjustable feet: spikes for carpeted floors, and elastomer isolation feet for hard floors
- removable cloth grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8"W x 41-5/16"H x 13-15/16"D (with spiked feet and protective discs)
- weight: 57.1 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # Prime Pinnacle - BA
What's in the box:
SVS Prime Pinnacle owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Elastomer isolation feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Nuts
- 4 Protective discs
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card