More bass, less space
SVS has crafted an excellent solution for those of us that crave visceral, chest-thumping bass, but are limited in available floor space. The massive PC-4000 adds to the company's popular line of super-cool cylinder-style subwoofers.
Though it might pass as a high-tech hot water heater at a glance, this 92-pound low-frequency titan offers a host of sound technologies that help provide outstanding bass from anywhere in your room.
An excellent choice for movies, music, and video game immersion
The beauty of the PC-4000 is its relatively modest footprint. Its tall, slender enclosure houses a down-firing 13-1/2" woofer and 1,200 watt amplifier, which combine for bass output all the way down to 17 Hz (that's dipping into subsonic territory - bass you feel but can't hear).
The PC-4000 isn't only about shaking the walls, though it does it with ease. SVS has ensured it offers impressive control for such a large, ported enclosure. Use the PC-4000 with confidence as part of a high-performance stereo, home theater, or ultra-high-end gaming system.
The PC-4000 offers front-panel controls to easily adjust your subwoofer's settings.
Wireless control from your phone
You'll find the PC-4000 simple to operate and control. There's no reaching behind it to fumble with hard-to-see dials and switches. Instead, make settings changes right from the front-panel interface - or easier still, the included IR remote control.
You can also control this sub via a free app on your phone, which lets you select your room's layout, change audio settings, and switch modes right from your seat.
Bass tailored to your room
SVS knows that a sub's performance is largely determined by the acoustics of your room, and your subwoofer's position within it. Thankfully, this sub doesn't have to be wrangled into a single "sweet spot" in your room. It offers a host of sound adjustments that let you get great sound wherever it's located.
Use the app to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and other bass management functions. You can even save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets. These let you set up and switch between "listening modes" for a particular time of day or entertainment source. For instance, you can easily dial the bass down for nighttime listening.
- cylinder-style design offers tremendous bass output without taking up much space on the floor
- frequency response: 17-200 Hz (± 3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 1,200 watts RMS of continuous power (4,000 watts peak dynamic power)
- down-firing 13-1/2" composite paper/fiberglass cone with die-cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
- bass-reflex (ported) cylinder-shaped cabinet design with three 3-1/2" upward-firing ports
- SVS will provide port tuning plugs for free if you reach out to them, helping you tailor the bass output
- includes SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for stability
- decouples and isolates the subwoofer from the floor, resulting in tighter and cleaner sounding bass
- front-mounted Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) panel with blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit LED display
- in-depth control via Bluetooth® for Apple® and Android™ devices
- app-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, and other bass management functions
- bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- three digital Parametric EQ filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- variable low-pass crossover
- variable phase control (0-180° )
- line-level/LFE RCA and balanced (XLR) inputs
- RCA and XLR outputs
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- infrared (IR) remote control included
- detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- non-resonant steel mesh grille
- piano gloss black finish
- 16-5/8"W x 47"H
- weight: 92.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # PC-4000 PBG
What's in the box:
SVS PC-4000 owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- Top-cap w/ integrated grille
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 4 Elastomer feet
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions