Marantz 10 Series Power Amplifier: The AMP 10 is engineered using best in-class technologies to enable extraordinary power output; high channel count; and the dynamic, rich, warm sound for which Marantz is highly renowned. The AMP 10 power amplifier delivers immersive spaciousness, warm and rich tones, extraordinary detail, and lifelike dynamics that are legendary hallmarks of Marantz sound. A modern expression of timeless design principles, the AMP 10 features the iconic Marantz porthole level meter, premium materials, and subtle sidelights that illuminate the front panel.
Note: The AMP 10 power amplifier makes the perfect companion to the Marantz preamplifier (sold separately)
HDAM-SA2 Technology: The AMP 10 is built on Marantz exclusive HDAM-SA2 technology and newly developed Class D amplification. Marantz developed custom Class D amplifiers and refined their own HDAM-SA2 technology to create the most incredible theatrical experience possible in your home.. The Marantz Amp 10 cleverly combines very high-power output and 16 channels of commanding power to create a master reference-level amplifier for ultimate home theater performance.
16 Channels Of Amplification: The AMP 10 is rated at 200 watts x 16 channels (into 8 ohm @ 1kHz and 0.05% THD with 5 channels driven) and 400 watts x 16 channels (into 4 ohm @ 1kHz and 0.05% THD with 2 channels driven). While each of the 16 channels can operate independently, channel pairs can also be switched into bi-amp mode for isolating frequency bands from each other or switched into BTL (Bridge) mode for your highest output demands.
- Normal Mode: In Normal mode, each unbalanced or balanced input channel corresponds with a speaker output channel provide up to 200 watts x 16 channels (into 8 ohm) or 400 watts x 16 channels (into 4 ohm).
- Bi-Amp Mode: Bi-Amp mode lets you connect separate amplifier channels to the tweeter terminals and woofer terminal of a loudspeaker that supports a Bi-Amp connection for higher sound quality. When using Bi-Amp mode, be sure to remove the short-circuiting plate or wire between your speakers' woofer and tweeter terminals. Bi-Amp mode supports both 4 ohm and 8 ohm loudspeakers, allowing you to send 200 watts or 400 watts to separately to the tweeter and woofer terminals of your Bi-Amp compatible loudspeaker.
- BTL Mode: BTL (or Bridge) mode allows you to use two amplifier channels to drive one 8-ohm speaker for more powerful sound performance. In BTL mode, the AMP 10 converts its 200 watt x 2 channel (into 8 ohm) stereo amplifier channel into a 400 watt x 1 channel (into 4 ohm) mono amplifier channel. The two-amplifier circuit construction guarantees an excellent signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and the full control of any 8 ohm loudspeaker. *The AMP 10 only supports 8 ohm loudspeakers in BTL mode.
Note: There is a Mode switch by each input channel pair (CH1/CH2, CH3/CH4, CH5/CH6, etc.) that needs to be set to Normal, Bi-Amp, or BTL - depending on your speaker setup and application.
Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Inputs: The Marantz AMP 10 is outfitted with a total of 16 analog input channels with each consisting of one balanced XLR input and one unbalanced RCA input. There is an Input Switch between each input channel pair (CH1/CH2, CH3/CH4, CH5/CH6, etc.) that needs to set to either XLR or RCA - depending on the type of connection needed for your setup and application. You can only use one type of connection (XLR or RCA) per channel; you cannot use both.
Note: When setting up the AMP 10 for Bi-Amp mode or BTL (Bridge) mode, connect only the odd-numbered balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA input channels of the power amplifier (CH1, CH3, CH5, CH7, etc.). *Do not connect to an even-numbered input channel (CH2, CH4, CH6, CH8, etc.)
High-Quality Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The Marantz Amp 10 is equipped with heavy-duty binding post speaker output terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade lugs, and banana plugs (single only). There are a total of 32 binding posts; a positive & negative binding post for each channel. You can connect 4 ohm or 8 ohm loudspeakers when in Normal or Bi-Amp mode, and 8 ohm loudspeakers when in BTL (Bridge) mode.
- Normal Configuration: In Normal mode, simply match the positive and negative speaker output channels with the positive and negative input terminals on your loudspeaker for that particular channel.
- Bi-Amp Configuration: When in Bi-Amp mode, the odd-numbered speaker output channel powers the tweeter and the even-numbered speaker output channel powers the woofer of your compatible Bi-Amp speaker.
- BTL (Bridge) Configuration: In BTL (Bridge) mode, the positive side of the odd-numbered speaker output channel connects the negative side of your speaker, while the positive side of the even-numbered speaker output channel connects to the positive side of your speaker. The negative side of the odd and even speaker output channels are not used in BTL (Bridge) mode.
Level Meter: The Amp 10 power amplifier features a front-panel Marantz "port-hole" style display with a level meter that indicates the level of the signal input through Channel 1. The level meter offers adjustable brightness and can be turned off.
Amp Control Terminal: The Marantz Amp 10 features a 3.5mm Amp Control terminal. When the AMP 10 is connected to a Marantz AV 10 preamplifier with an Amp Control terminal (using the included mono-minijack cable) the following linked operations can be performed.
- When the AV Preamplifier is turned on or put on standby, the same operation is applied to the AMP 10.
- When the display brightness setting of the AV Preamplifier is changed, the new setting is also applied to the front-panel lights of the AMP 10.
DC Trigger In/Out: The Marantz AMP 10's DC Trigger In/Out jacks (3.5mm) allow you to sync power on/off between the Marantz AV 10 preamplifier and other connected components.
Remote Control In/Out: Use the Remote In/Out jacks (mono-RCA) when you want to control the power on/off of the AMP 10 power amplifier from a Marantz AV 10 preamplifier that features an IR remote and has the same Remote Control In/Out jacks.
IR Flasher: The IR Flasher input (3.5mm) of the Marantz AMP 10 is to be used with an optional IR repeater system (sold separately).
RS-232C Port: The RS-232C port of the Marantz AMP 10 power amplifier is used for connection to an external whole-house control system, from companies such as AMX, Crestron, etc.
Auto Standby: The AMP 10 power amplifier will automatically enter Standby mode when there is not input signal and no operation for approximately 15 minutes.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Marantz AMP 10 comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong) that needs to be plugged into the back of the power amplifier and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line-conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).