More details on the Klipsch RP600MWII 2 Way, 6.5" Bookshelf Speaker
Product Highlights | Klipsch RP600MWII 2 Way, 6.5" Bookshelf Speaker
Features and Specifications
| General || |
| Enclosure || Ported |
| Finish || MDF/Wood-grain vinyl |
| Color || Walnut |
| Tweeter Type || Hybrid Tractrix Horn |
| Tweeter Size (inches) || 1 |
| Midrange Size (inches) || N/A |
| Woofer Size (inches) || 6.5 |
| Woofer Composition || Cerametallic |
| Woofer Surround || Rubber |
| Power Range || up to 100 |
| Sensitivity || 94 dB |
| Impedance (Ohms) || 8 |
| Frequency Response || 44-25k Hz |
| Connector Type || Binding post |
| Bi-amp Inputs || Yes |
| Height (inches) || 15-13/16 |
| Width (inches) || 8 |
| Depth (inches) || 13-1/16 |
| Weight (pounds) || 18.1 |
| Wall-mountable || No |
| Bracket Included || No |
| Recommended Stand Height (inches) || 22-26 |
| Parts Warranty || 5 Years |
| Labor Warranty || 5 Years |
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-600M II bookshelf loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-600M II bookshelf speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's lightweight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: The new larger 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn ensures a better transmission of highs and mids for a wider listening soundstage. The newly designed Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
6.5" Cerametallic Woofer: The RP-600M II bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes a 6.5" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofer that has been redesigned for exceptional power handling, minimum distortion, and maximum efficiency. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The redesigned Cerametallic cone woofer features a 70% larger voice coill for increased power handling, new aluminum shorting rings for lower distortion, and an improved motor structure for better cone control with more speed and accuracy.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the RP-600M II bookshelf loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-600M II's speaker enclosure uses furniture-grade materials and finishes. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction utilizes internal bracing and a divided cabinet design to reduce cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-600M II bookshelf loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Dual Binding Posts: The Klipsch RP-600M II is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the bookshelf loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier.
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Mounting Options: The Klipsch RP-600M II can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with an integrated cork pad on the bottom of the speaker enclosure to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface.
Note: There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch RP-600M II bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position. Typically this will be approximately 5' to 7' above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Premiere II Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series utilizes a larger hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, redesigned Cerametallic woofer cone, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that is impactful and immersive. The Reference Premiere II series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding ( RP-5000F II / RP-6000F II / RP-8000F II / RP-8060FA II), bookshelf ( RP-500M II / RP-600M II), center ( RP-404C / RP-500C II / RP-504C), surround ( RP-502S II), and Atmos speakers ( RP-500SA II) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere II series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).