CapitalSound.ca's review of the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-5000F (Piano Black)
A powerful floor-standing speaker from Klipsch
CapitalSound.ca clients love the ultra-efficient, high-performance sound from Klipsch Reference Premiere floor-standing speakers. The RP-5000F is one of the middle-sized towers in Klipsch's new lineup, and is an excellent choice as part of a Klipsch stereo or home theater system. It features two 5-1/4" spun-copper woofers for punchy bass and powerful midrange, and Klipsch's signature 1" horn-loaded tweeter for smooth, detailed highs.
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-5000F floor-standing speaker
Use a pair of the RP-5000F floor-standing speakers as part of a high-impact Klipsch home theater system.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's Tractrix horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90° x 90° mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. The result is a wide listening "sweet spot" with precise placement of instruments and vocals.
A horn that enhances bass, too
Take a look at the back of the RP-5000F and you'll find that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Because this speaker is rear-ported, I recommend pulling it away from your wall to give it room to "breathe."
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
On the back of the RP-5000F you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your speaker to get the best sound out of it.
Product Highlights | Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-5000 (Piano Black):
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix horn
- dual 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid and lightweight voice coils
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 125 watts RMS (500 watts peak)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- ebony vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 8-1/4"W x 36-1/8"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 37 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-5000F Owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Stabilizer feet (installed)
- Grille (installed)
- 2 Terminal jumpers (installed)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information