Intelligent circuit design helps the Denon PMA-1700NE produce pristine sound from your favorite digital sources, from CDs to streaming.
A versatile, powerful amp for high-res music listening
Denon built the PMA-1700NE to help celebrate their 110th anniversary. It provides good, clean power, and it's 4-ohm stable, which makes it compatible with a wide range of stereo speakers.
And it's designed to do full justice to high-resolution digital audio sources. There are two optical inputs and one coaxial input for connecting your CD player, TV, and more. All three of these inputs accept audio signals up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. The Type-B USB input on the back of the amp is even more impressive - it's compatible with streams and files up to 32-bit/384 kHz resolution.
Going the extra mile
Much of what makes this amp special is out of sight inside the chassis, where circuits are isolated as much as possible to eliminate interference. An Advanced Ultra High Current single push-pull circuit provides efficient high-current power, and a DAC master clock eliminates digital jitter that can smear the subtle details in your favorite tunes.
One nice touch that is visible on the front of the amp is a fluorescent display panel that shows source and sampling rate. You'll likely get plenty of use out of the 1/4" headphone jack and included remote, too.
Special features for vinyl lovers
If you have a treasure trove of beloved records, the PMA-1700NE features a built-in phono preamplifier that's compatible with moving coil and moving magnet cartridges. Analog Mode disables the amp's digital circuitry to preserve the warmth of analog sound.
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- built-in DAC supports high-resolution audio via USB or optical and coaxial inputs (32-bit/384 kHz)
- DAC master clock eliminates digital jitter
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus upsamples digital audio sources
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- analog amp mode disables digital circuitry for warm all-analog sound
- Advanced Ultra High Current single push-pull circuit power amplifier
- front-panel display shows source and sample rate
- front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- frequency response: 5-100,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 107 dB (line in), 89 dB (moving magnet), 74 dB (moving coil)
- remote control included
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs (all support PCM signals up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- 3 stereo RCA inputs for analog sources
- dedicated phono input compatible with moving coil and moving magnet cartridges
- stereo RCA audio output for recording
- fixed-gain stereo RCA preamp input lets you connect a separate preamp and use the PMA-1700NE as a power amp
- rear-panel Type-B USB input supports high-resolution PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz or 11.2 MHz DSD
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- binding posts for two pairs of speakers
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 5-5/16"H x 17-5/8"D
- weight: 38.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # PMA1700NE
What's in the box:
Denon PMA-1700NE owner's manual
- Integrated amplifier
- 68" AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1249)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information