This sound bar is easy to set up and delivers some serious "oomph" for its size and has Amazon Alexa voice control built in.
Sweet sound from a compact bar
The Denon Home Sound Bar 550 has a compact design that makes it easy to fit into your entertainment space, but it doesn't skimp on sound in the process. It's surprisingly powerful and detailed with a spacious soundstage that helps make movie night come alive.
3D audio out of the box
This 4-channel sound bar is compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks, and it can virtually simulate surround sound. Especially if space is a concern, a compact sound bar with 3D audio is a great alternative to a traditional home theater system. The 550 gives you the benefit of height and rear sound effects for added immersion without running wire all around your room.
Expand your system with Denon Home
If you have other Denon Home speakers on-hand, you can seamlessly link to them to the sound bar for an even deeper, wider soundscape. This effectively turns the paired Denon Home speakers into dedicated rear surrounds. With an upcoming firmware update, you'll also be able to give movie night a hefty dose of extra bass by wirelessly linking up the Denon Home Subwoofer.
Connected with HEOS
The Denon Home Sound Bar 550 has HEOS Built-in, allowing it to tie into a wireless multi-room audio ecosystem. If you have other HEOS-compatible speakers and components, you can connect them together via Wi-Fi and control music all around your house with an app on your phone. Play the same song everywhere at once, or different music in each room. The kids can listen to "My Stick!" in the living room while you jam to "Achilles Last Stand" in the kitchen cooking dinner at the same time.
HEOS supports a ton of streaming services, all available through the app. It can even access songs you've collected on computers or networked hard drives. If that includes a stash of sweet high-res music files, you're in luck. HEOS supports playback of files up to 24-bit/192kHz (5.6 MHz for DSD files).
More music options
You can stream audio from your phone straight to the sound bar via Bluetooth. Apple fans are in good hands with AirPlay 2 supported, which lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and connect the sound bar to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you've got a thumb drive with music stashed on it, including high-res files, you can plug it into the USB input on the back of the bar.
Simple setup and control
You'll only need the one cable to connect up to your TV, with your choice of HDMI or optical (both come in the box). Pop that in and plug into your AC and you're ready to rock. You can control the sound bar with a phone app or with the included remote. The bar also has the IR codes of most major TV manufacturers built-in, so you can control the bar with your TV's remote instead.
If your remotes and phone surreptitiously find themselves lost in the cushions of your couch, never fear - there are controls on top of the sound bar itself too. They even light up when your hand gets close, to make them easy to see in a dark room.
Amazon Alexa built in
The Home Sound Bar 550 has Amazon Alexa voice control assistant built in (with the most recent firmware update). That means you can control not just the sound bar, but any other HEOS speakers in your home. And it can handle all of the other commands you use with Alexa.
- powered 4-channel sound bar delivers impactful sound with a wide soundstage
- supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for virtual surround sound and compelling 3D audio
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music directly from your phone
- support for Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iOS® device
- syncs seamlessly with other Denon Home products
- pair with other Denon Home speakers as dedicated rear surrounds
- add a wireless Denon Home Subwoofer for additional bass via future firmware update
- Roku TV ready with simple setup process, integrated sound settings, and control with your Roku remote
- Amazon Alexa voice control assistant built in (must update to current firmware)
- built-in HEOS provides multi-room wireless audio compatibility with other HEOS components
- play the same (or different) music in multiple zones throughout your home
- easy setup using the HEOS mobile app
- supports music streaming from Spotify® , Amazon Music HD, Pandora® , SiriusXM, Napster, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Deezer, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- supports playback of networked high-res PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD files up to 5.6 MHz (via network or USB)
- compact design saves space while still delivering detailed, room-filling sound
- six built-in drivers:
- four 2-1/8" full-range drivers
- two 3/4" soft-dome tweeters
- three 2" x 3-1/2" passive radiators
- wall-mountable with rear keyhole slots
- easy-to-use control panel on the top of the sound bar lights up when your hand gets close
- 25-5/8"W x 2-15/16"H x 4-11/16"D
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
Connections, accessories, and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output (cable included)
- supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- supports 4K pass-through
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm minijack input
- USB input for high-Res music playback from a thumb drive
- Ethernet port for a wired internet connection
- includes remote control
- recognizes the IR codes used by several major TV manufacturers (e.g. Sony, LG, Samsung), allowing you to control the sound bar with your TV remote
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # DENONHOMESB550
What's in the box:
Denon Home Sound Bar 550 owner's manual
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 58" HDMI cable
- 59" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount adapters
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall Mount Template
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information