About the Denon AVR-X2700H
7.2-channel 8K Ultra HD Dolby Atmos Network Home Theater Receiver with 95W RMS Stereo Power per channel, DTS Virtual:X, HDR, eArc, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay® 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
Music? Movies? Denon has you covered
For many of us, our home theaters pull double duty as both music and movie systems. Denon's seven-channel, 8K-capable AVR-X2700H home receiver excels on both fronts. Let's take a closer look at what makes it so fun to use.
Denon AVR-X2700H 7.2-channel home theater receiver
Denon's AVR-X2700H helps deliver exciting home theater sound for movies and TV shows, video games, and music.
What's new for 2020?
Last year's lineup of Denon home theater receivers was quite popular with our customers. 2020 brings even more features to the table, including 8K video upscaling, Bluetooth transmission to headphones (think late-night movies or TV streaming), and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), which lets you pass full-resolution surround sound signals from your TV to your receiver.
Denon has also added several gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free video game experience (a feature set I'm particularly eager to try out).
Set this flexible receiver up your way
The AVR-X2700H has outputs for seven speakers. Use them all in a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X system, or go with a conventional 5.1-channel setup and repurpose the extra two channels for music in another zone.
"Old school" features like composite and component video switching mean this receiver will play virtually any source you throw at it.
Listen to your favorite tunes
If you're like me, you'll use your new receiver to play music in addition to watching movies. The AVR-X2700H lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even Apple® AirPlay® 2.
Love spinning vinyl? This receiver has a built-in phono input for your turntable. And if you've carefully curated an awesome music library, you can play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
Expand your system with HEOS Built-in
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all of your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the 'X2700H.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system as well. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app.
The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Just ask Alexa...
The HEOS Home Entertainment skill for Amazon Alexa lets you use your Echo devices to issue voice commands to the AVR-X2700H. You can easily switch inputs and control volume and playback on the receiver and other HEOS enabled devices.
Alexa can also help you search for music and stream different content to different rooms in your multi-room HEOS system.
...or your Google Assistant
The AVR-X2700H is also compatible with Google Assistant-enabled devices. Launch a song in the HEOS app, and then ask your Google Assistant-compatible or Google Pixel phone to change volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more.
Product Highlights | Denon AVRX2700H 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver:
Power and processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 95 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and streaming music options:
built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2-channel sound in main room
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that both zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd room
- supports both analog and digital audio connections
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 6 in, 2 out
gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- all inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision , and HLG
supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
4 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
two line-level subwoofer outputs (each output carries the same signal)
front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
Ethernet port for network connection
outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back)
RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
full-sized headphone jack
removable power cord
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
free Denon AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
17-1/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 13-7/16"D (9-5/16"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
weight: 21 lbs.
warranty: 3 years
MFR # AVRX2700BKE3
What's in the box:
Denon AVR-X2700H (2020 model) owner's manual
7.1ch AV receiver
6' AC power cord
Remote control (RC-1239)
2 "AAA" batteries
Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
FM wire antenna
AM loop antenna
Cardboard microphone stand
Quick Start Guide
Notes on radio
Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
"Bluetooth/WiFi Certified" note