AV Surround Preamplifier: The Marantz AV8805A AV Surround Preamplifier features 13.2 channel processing with 15.2ch balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs, along with flexible preamplifier stages. Delegating the amplification duties to a separate component allows the Marantz AV8805A AV Surround Preamplifier to keep a healthy distance between noise-inducing high voltage/high current circuits and sensitive low-level circuits. This means that the radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences that are found in most AV preamplifiers simply don't exist in a preamplifier/processor, or are reduced by several orders of magnitude. The result is less distortion and less signal degradation in general.
- 15.2Ch Balanced XLR Preouts: If your power amplifier is equipped with balanced XLR inputs, then use the AV8805A's balanced XLR preouts. The AV8805A's 15.2ch balanced XLR preouts consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Height 3 L/R, Height 4/Front Wide L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2. Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. When connecting the AV8805A to a power amplifier via XLR, please make sure the pin-out configuration of the amplifier is the same as the preamplifier (Pin 1-Ground, Pin 2-Hot, Pin 3-Cold).
- 15.2Ch Unbalanced RCA Preouts: If your power amplifier is not equipped with balanced XLR inputs and only offer unbalanced RCA inputs, then use the AV8805A's unbalanced RCA preouts. The AV8805A's 11.2ch unbalanced RCA preouts consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Height 3 L/R, Height 4/Front Wide L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2.
13.2 Channel Assignment: The Marantz AV8805A AV Surround Preamplifier supports up to 13.2 channel playback and can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate your system's setup.
- 13.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos home theater system with a 7.1.6 or 9.1.4 speaker setup; using either overhead, height and/or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 11.2ch (Bi-Amp): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos system, while Bi-amping the front speakers.
- 11.2ch (Front B): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos system, while powering a secondary pair of front speakers.
- 9.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos home theater system with a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 speaker setup; using either overhead, height and/or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 7.2ch: This configuration serves as either a 7.2-channel surround system setup with Surround Back speakers; or a Dolby Atmos 5.2.2ch. setup with overhead, height , or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 5.2ch: This configuration serves as a basic 5.2-channel surround system with Front, Center, and Surround speakers, plus dual subs.
Current Feedback Topology: The Marantz AV8805A uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier so that audio signals from a Blu-ray Disc player and other equipment that support high-definition audio formats can be listened to with high fidelity. Current Feedback technology offers faster signal handling and extended frequency range. Current feedback circuits track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus sound more natural. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control even under high-drive conditions.
HDAMs (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules): The AV8805A utilizes Marantz's proprietary HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits for dynamic movie and music soundtrack reproduction. The AV8805A features the latest Marantz proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched-precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board along with ultra-wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for an open soundstage with refined detail reproduction. HDAMs combine the short signal path advantages of ICs (integrated circuit) and op-amps (operational amplifier) with the superior sound quality of separate circuit components. Because HDAMs are discrete designs, Marantz engineers are free to choose the parts best able to preserve the sonic details of your favorite sources.
Advanced 32-Bit A/ Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV8805A features premium grade 32-bit/192kHz DACs on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. In addition, the preamplifier utilizes a Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors for a more accurate reproduction of the recording the way the artist intended.
Optimized Components: The carefully-optimized audio/video signal paths rest on separate circuit boards for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high-speed video processing.? In addition, Marantz surround preamplifier employs a high current linear power supply with an EI core power transformer for high-quality sound playback.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The Marantz AV8805A AV Surround Preamplifier supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
| Digital Audio Connector || Audio Signal Type || Audio Signal Format |
| HDMI (1-8) || 2Ch Linear PCM || 2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit |
| Multichannel Linear PCM || 8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit |
| Bitstream || |
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24
| High Definition Audio Bitstream || Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DtS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express |
| Optical (1-2) /Coaxial (1-2) || 2Ch Linear PCM || 2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit |
| Multichannel Linear PCM || 6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit |
| Bitstream || Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24 |
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz AV8805A AV preamplifier goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats from Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Front Wide, and AURO-3D. The AV8805A supports up to 13.2 channel processing, allowing you to configure a 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2, 7.2.4, 9.2.2, or 9.2.4 channel speaker system.
- Dolby Atmos: surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AV8805A that lets you configure a Dolby Atmos speaker system for the ultimate home theater experience.
- Dolby Surround: offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization: Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization provides immersive audio without height-channel or overhead speakers, creating virtual height effects in a 5.1ch, 7.1ch or 2.1ch speaker arrangement. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization applies carefully designed "height-cue" filters to the overhead audio components of your content's soundtrack before they are mixed into your loudspeakers to create the sensation of sound above you.
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the AV8805A features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
- DTS Neural:X: DTS Neural:X is an advanced spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. DTS Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X: bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 7.1.4ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
- DTS:X Pro: will be supported via a future over-the-network firmware update (no ETA). Get up to 13.2 channels of audio processing with DTS:X Pro to enjoy a full surround sound in great detail.
- AURO-3D: This preamplifier is equipped with an Auro-3D decoder. With Auro-3D, Front Height, Surround Height and Top Surround are added to a conventional 5.1-channel system to achieve a natural and realistic soundfield that is three-dimensional and fully immersive. You will be able to fully enjoy Auro-3D playback if you properly place the speakers for Auro-3D. Auro-3D does not support a Dolby Atmos configuration using Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, or any Dolby Atmos Enabled speakers. But it is possible to support both an Auro-3D and Dolby Atmos by adding Front Height and Rear Height speakers to a 5.1 configuration. For an optimum Auro-3D experience Surround Height speakers are strongly recommended.
- Front Channel Wide: With Front Wide channel support, you can add two front wide speakers with both Dolby and DTS to create a more seamless front surround stage with up to 9.1.2 or 9.1.4 speaker configurations.
IMAX Enhanced Technology: Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with ; the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. This new certification and licensing program combines IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies to offer a new level of quality in immersive sight and sound experiences in the home. IMAX Enhanced lets you experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX, so you can watch the highest-quality 4K movies with immersive audio delivered by DTS. Not only will IMAX Enhanced content look and sound amazing, but other audio/video content will also look and sound great too.
- Remastered 4K/HDR Video: It utilizes a sophisticated, advanced algorithm designed to produce the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images. This advanced process accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker's guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher quality, higher brightness 4K HDR display format. Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres will also include an expanded aspect ratio for the film's home release to show your more picture on your TV. IMAX Enhanced certified TVs must be at least 65" with support for HDR10 and dynamic, as well as specific calibration, resolution, color, brightness, contrast, and scale of image capabilities.
- Remastered DTS:X Audio: IMAX and DTS will also partner with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers to use a special variant of its DTS:X codec technology integrated in home audio equipment to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience that is dynamic, immersive, theatrical, and powerful. IMAX Enhanced supports both 5.1 and 11.1 formats, but the recommended speaker layout for an IMAX Enhanced system is 7.2.4 with seven horizontal speakers, two subwoofers and four height speakers; 5.1.4 is the minimum layout for IMAX Enhanced. However, due to various constraints you may opt to install only a 5.1ch speaker system. In such cases, DTS Virtual:X is required to properly render and remap audio to the available speakers.
- Available IMAX Content: IMAX is working with its global studio and other content partners to build a steady stream of IMAX Enhanced versions of movies and other programming using the newest, proprietary post-production process developed by IMAX. IMAX will be announcing and releasing IMAX Enhanced versions of a wide range of films both for 4K/HDR streaming and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs.
- To take full advantage of IMAX Enhanced, you need an IMAX Enhanced certified 4K/HDR TV or Projector and an IMAX Enhanced certified DTS:X enabled AV preamplifier or soundbar.
- IMAX and DTS developed the IMAX Enhanced program out of their decades of combined expertise in image and sound science to make it easier for consumers to select the products and content that will deliver the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images and powerful, immersive sound at home.
- To qualify and carry the IMAX Enhanced logo, the highest-end TVs, AV preamplifiers, projectors, and soundbars must meet stringent performance standards established by IMAX, DTS and Hollywood's leading colorists in order to create a consistent and higher bar for image and sound performance on premium devices.
Audyssey Suite with Dual Presets: The AV8805A features the Audyssey suite of powerful DSP features - including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ. The newly adopted Dual Audyssey Preset function allows you to store and instantly switch between two Audyssey configurations. For example, you can store both the Audyssey calibration result straight from the preamplifier and a customized MultEQ curve or frequency range made through the Audyssey MultEQ editor app on the preamplifier simultaneously, allowing you to easily compare differences and select your preference. You can also perform Audyssey measurements for two different speaker settings, including 2.0 for music listening and 5.1.4 for movie surround.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Listening Modes: The Marantz AV8805A features a variety of Listening modes to choose from, so you can enjoy your movie or music soundtrack the want you to hear it.
- Auto Detection: In Auto Mode, the Listening Mode switches automatically to the corresponding type of audio input signal (Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS-HD, or multichannel PCM) that is detected. If the input signal is analog or PCM (2-channel), stereo playback is used.
- Direct Modes: The Marantz AV8805A offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the preamplifier's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the preamplifier's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
- Stereo Modes: The Marantz AV8805A surround preamplifier also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz AV8805A preamplifier provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital &? DTS modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Center Spread & Dialog Control: Center Spread expands the center channel signal to left and right front speakers to create a wider frontal audio image for the listener, when in Dolby Surround mode. Dialog Control adjusts the volume of dialog in movies and vocals in music so they can be heard more easily, when in DTS:X mode.
- LFE + Main: The LFE + Main setting boots the bass sound by feeding the low-frequency signal to both the loudspeakers and the powered subwoofer, regardless of audio format or listening mode.
Volume & Level Settings: The AV8805A offers the following volume & level settings.
- Volume Settings: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB). You can also set a maximum volume level of 0 (80), -10 (70), or -20 (60) dB to limit the preamplifier's total volume output. In addition, you can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on; select "Mute", -79 to +18dB (1-98), or Last. These settings can be set independently for the Main Zone, Zone 2, and Zone 3.
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely). The Mute Level can be set independently for the Main Zone, Zone 2, and Zone 3.
- Channel, Center, & Subwoofer Level: The volume level (-12 to +12dB) of each channel can be changed while listening to audio for each input source. You can also adjust the center channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to clarify the dialog for all sources. In addition, you can adjust the subwoofer channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to emphasize low frequencies for all input sources.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): This feature of the AV preamplifier's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the preamplifier through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where as the previous ARC (Audio Return Channel) was limited to only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Note: Supported content will be dependent on whether your TV features a HDMI eARC or ARC jack.
7.1 Channel Input: The AV8805A features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound.
Phono Input: The AV8805A's phono (MM) input lets you connect to a turntable and offers the amplification that this weaker signal requires. The preamp's phono circuitry prepares the signal from the turntable for amplification, letting you enjoy your vinyl collection at full volume without tonal distortion.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs: A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The AV8805A supports two discrete subwoofers; used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.
Headphone Output: The AV surround preamplifier features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
HDMI 2.1: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (7 rear/1 front) and three HDMI outputs, the AV8805A incorporates an advanced video section that features some of the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications; including support for 8K/60Hz and 4K/120 Hz video pass-through (up to 40Gbps), HDCP 2.3 compatibility, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling.
- 4K/120 Hz + 8K/60Hz Pass-Through: All of the AV8805A's HDMI inputs and monitor outputs support up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second. One HDMI input (HDMI 7) and two HDMI outputs (Main & Monitor 2) also support 8K (7680 x 4320) video @ 60 frames per second, as well as 4K video @ 120 frames per second (both up to 40Gbps). The preamplifier will also pass 1080p/i, 720p, and 480p/i video signals via HDMI.
- HDCP 2.3 Compliant: All of the AV preamplifier's HDMI inputs and outputs support HDCP 2.3, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K/HDR video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The HDMI inputs and monitor outputs support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (pixel depth and frame rate will vary). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- Use a premium High Speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance. Use an Ultra High Speed 48Gbps HDMI cable to enjoy 8K video.
- Set the preamplifier's "4K/8K Signal Format" to "8K Enhanced" in the menu to enjoy 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz video.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Marantz AV8805A supports?HDR (high dynamic range) Video - including HDR10, HDR 10+, Hybrid Log-Gamma, Dolby Vision, and now Dynamic HDR. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the preamplifier and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: id s a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. HDR10+ incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the adjustment of brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- Hybrid-Log Gamma: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata technology which sets individual color and brightness levels for each and every scene. Dolby works directly with filmmakers at major Hollywood studios to create superior HDR video masters of blockbuster movies.
- Dynamic HDR: Dynamic HDR enables a noticeable progression in overall video image quality from SDR to static HDR, and now static HDR to dynamic HDR. Dynamic HDR support ensures every moment of a video is displayed at its ideal values for depth, detail, brightness, contrast, and wider color gamuts on a scene-by-scene or even a frame-by-frame basis. Dynamic HDR enhanced content is available for movies, videos, TV shows, video and PC games and VR.
4K & 8K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV preamplifier's sophisticated video processor provides upscaling from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K or 8K Ultra HD, as well as 4K video sources to 8K picture quality. By supporting video upconversion, you can connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) vi