Preamp/Processor Advantage: Delegating the amplification duties to a separate component allows the Marantz AV7706 surround preamplifier to keep a healthy distance between noise-inducing high voltage/high current circuits and sensitive low-level circuits. This means that the radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences that are found in most AV receivers simply don't exist in a preamplifier/processor, or are reduced greatly. The result is less distortion and less signal degradation in general.
Balanced & Unbalanced Preamp Outputs: With 11.2 channel pre-outs on both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR sockets, the AV7706 is designed to work alongside high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055, and MM7025 (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Both the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs feature gold-plated connections for excellent signal transfer.
- 11.2Ch Balanced XLR Preamp Outputs: If your power amplifier is equipped with balanced XLR inputs, then use the AV7706's balanced XLR preamp outputs. The AV7706's 11.2ch balanced XLR preamp outputs consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2 (the dual subwoofer outputs are discrete). Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. When connecting the AV7706 to a power amplifier via XLR, please make sure the pin-out configuration of the amplifier is the same as the preamplifier (Pin 1-Ground, Pin 2-Hot, Pin 3-Cold).
- 11.2Ch Unbalanced RCA Preamp Outputs: If your power amplifier is not equipped with balanced XLR inputs and only offer unbalanced RCA inputs, then use the AV7706's unbalanced RCA preamp outputs. The AV7706's 11.2ch unbalanced RCA preamp outputs consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2. The dual subwoofer outputs are discrete.
11.2-Channel Assignment: The Marantz AV7706 preamplifier supports up to 11.2 channel, 7.2.4 channel, or 9.2.1 channel playback and can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate your system's setup.
- 11.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos/DTS:X home theater system with a 7.2.4 or 9.2.2 speaker setup; using either overhead, height or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 9.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos/DTS:X home theater system with a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 speaker setup; using either overhead, height or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 9.2ch (Bi-Amp): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X system, while Bi-amping the front speakers.
- 9.2ch (Front B): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X system, while powering a secondary pair of front speakers.
- 7.2ch: This configuration serves as either a 7.2-channel Dolby Digital/DtS surround system setup with Surround Back speakers; or a Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 5.2.2ch. setup with overhead, height , or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 5.2ch: This configuration serves as a basic 5.2-channel Dolby Digital/DTS surround system with Front, Center, and Surround speakers, plus dual subs.
Optimized Components & Design with Expert Sound Tuning: The AV7706 AV surround preamplifier includes carefully selected parts and components that have been hand-picked by Marantz, plus utilizes advance circuitry and custom design that has been been optimized by Marantz engineers. The AV7706 also goes through extensive sound tuning by Marantz sound masters at their state-of-the-art facilities to deliver an exquiste sonic signature for movie and music soundtracks. The AV7706 provides optimal channel separation, minimum crosstalk, and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging, while ensuring exceptional clarity, resolution and dynamic ability.
- HDAMs (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules): The AV7706 utilizes Marantz's proprietary HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits for dynamic music and soundtrack reproduction. HDAMs combine the short signal path advantages of ICs (integrated circuit) and op-amps (operational amplifier) with the superior sound quality of separate circuit components. Because HDAMs are discrete designs, Marantz engineers are free to choose the parts best able to preserve the sonic details of your favorite sources.
- Current Feedback Topology: The Marantz AV7706 uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier so that audio signals from a Blu-ray Disc player and other equipment that support high-definition audio formats can be listened to with high fidelity. Current Feedback technology offers faster signal handling and extended frequency range. Current feedback circuits track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus sound more natural. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control even under high-drive conditions.
- Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7706 features advanced reference-class 32-bit/192khz digital-to-analog converters (DACs) on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. In addition, the preamplifier utilizes a Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors for a more accurate reproduction of the recording the way the artist intended.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV surround preamplfier supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz AV7706 goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats from Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and AURO-3D. The AV7706 supports up to 13 channel processing, allowing you to configure a 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4, or 9.1.2 channel speaker system.
- Dolby Atmos: surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AV7706 that lets you configure a Dolby Atmos speaker system for the ultimate home theater experience.
- Dolby Surround: offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization: Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization provides immersive audio without height-channel or overhead speakers, creating virtual height effects in a 5.1ch, 7.1ch or 2.1ch speaker arrangement. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization applies carefully designed "height-cue" filters to the overhead audio components of your content's soundtrack before they are mixed into your loudspeakers to create the sensation of sound above you.
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the AV7706 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
- DTS Neural:X: DTS Neural:X is an advanced spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. DTS Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X: bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 7.1.4ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
- AURO-3D: This preamplifier is equipped with an Auro-3D decoder. With Auro-3D, Front Height, Surround Height and Top Surround are added to a conventional 5.1-channel system to achieve a natural and realistic soundfield that is three-dimensional and fully immersive. You will be able to fully enjoy Auro-3D playback if you properly place the speakers for Auro-3D. Auro-3D does not support a Dolby Atmos configuration using Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, or any Dolby Atmos Enabled speakers. But it is possible to support both an Auro-3D and Dolby Atmos by adding Front Height and Rear Height speakers to a 5.1 configuration. For an optimum Auro-3D experience Surround Height speakers are strongly recommended.
IMAX Enhanced Technology: Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with ; the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. This new certification and licensing program combines IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies to offer a new level of quality in immersive sight and sound experiences in the home. IMAX Enhanced lets you experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX, so you can watch the highest-quality 4K movies with immersive audio delivered by DTS. Not only will IMAX Enhanced content look and sound amazing, but other audio/video content will also look and sound great too.
- Remastered 4K/HDR Video: It utilizes a sophisticated, advanced algorithm designed to produce the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images. This advanced process accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker's guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher quality, higher brightness 4K HDR display format. Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres will also include an expanded aspect ratio for the film's home release to show your more picture on your TV. IMAX Enhanced certified TVs must be at least 65" with support for HDR10 and dynamic, as well as specific calibration, resolution, color, brightness, contrast, and scale of image capabilities.
- Remastered DTS:X Audio: IMAX and DTS will also partner with award-winning Hollywood sound mixers to use a special variant of its DTS:X codec technology integrated in home audio equipment to deliver an IMAX signature sound experience that is dynamic, immersive, theatrical, and powerful. IMAX Enhanced supports both 5.1 and 11.1 formats, but the recommended speaker layout for an IMAX Enhanced system is 7.2.4 with seven horizontal speakers, two subwoofers and four height speakers; 5.1.4 is the minimum layout for IMAX Enhanced. However, due to various constraints you may opt to install only a 5.1ch speaker system. In such cases, DTS Virtual:X is required to properly render and remap audio to the available speakers.
- Available IMAX Content: IMAX is working with its global studio and other content partners to build a steady stream of IMAX Enhanced versions of movies and other programming using the newest, proprietary post-production process developed by IMAX. IMAX will be announcing and releasing IMAX Enhanced versions of a wide range of films both for 4K/HDR streaming and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs.
- To take full advantage of IMAX Enhanced, you need an IMAX Enhanced certified 4K/HDR TV (65"-up) or Projector and an IMAX Enhanced certified DTS:X enabled AV surround preamplifier or soundbar.
- IMAX and DTS developed the IMAX Enhanced program out of their decades of combined expertise in image and sound science to make it easier for consumers to select the products and content that will deliver the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images and powerful, immersive sound at home.
- To qualify and carry the IMAX Enhanced logo, the highest-end TVs, AV surround preamplifiers, projectors, and soundbars must meet stringent performance standards established by IMAX, DTS and Hollywood's leading colorists in order to create a consistent and higher bar for image and sound performance on premium devices.
Audyssey Suite with Dual Presets: The AV7706 features the Audyssey suite of powerful DSP features - including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ. The newly adopted Dual Audyssey Preset function allows you to store and instantly switch between two Audyssey configurations. For example, you can store both the Audyssey calibration result straight from the preamplifier and a customized MultEQ curve or frequency range made through the Audyssey MultEQ editor app on the preamplifier simultaneously, allowing you to easily compare differences and select your preference. You can also perform Audyssey measurements for two different speaker settings, including 2.0 for music listening and 5.1.4 for movie surround.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Listening Modes: The Marantz AV7706 features a variety of Listening modes to choose from, so you can enjoy your movie or music soundtrack the want you to hear it.
- Auto Detection: In Auto Mode, the Listening Mode switches automatically to the corresponding type of audio input signal (Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS-HD, or multichannel PCM) that is detected. If the input signal is analog or PCM (2-channel), stereo playback is used.
- Direct Modes: The Marantz AV7706 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the preamplifier's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the preamplifier's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
- Stereo Modes: The Marantz AV7706 surround preamplifier also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz AV7706 preamplifier provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital &? DTS modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Center Spread & Dialog Control: Center Spread expands the center channel signal to left and right front speakers to create a wider frontal audio image for the listener, when in Dolby Surround mode. Dialog Control adjusts the volume of dialog in movies and vocals in music so they can be heard more easily, when in DTS:X mode.
- LFE + Main: The LFE + Main setting boots the bass sound by feeding the low-frequency signal to both the loudspeakers and the powered subwoofer, regardless of audio format or listening mode.
Volume & Level Settings: The AV7706 offers the following volume & level settings.
- Volume Settings: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB). You can also set a maximum volume level of 0 (80), -10 (70), or -20 (60) dB to limit the preamplifier's total volume output. In addition, you can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on; select "Mute", -79 to +18dB (1-98), or Last. These settings can be set independently for the Main Zone, Zone 2, and Zone 3.
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely). The Mute Level can be set independently for the Main Zone, Zone 2, and Zone 3.
- Channel, Center, & Subwoofer Level: The volume level (-12 to +12dB) of each channel can be changed while listening to audio for each input source. You can also adjust the center channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to clarify the dialog for all sources. In addition, you can adjust the subwoofer channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to emphasize low frequencies for all input sources.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): This feature of the AV surround preamplifier's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the preamplifier through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where as the previous ARC (Audio Return Channel) was limited to only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Note: Supported content will be dependent on whether your TV features a HDMI eARC or ARC jack.
Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speaker outputs and pre-outs are automatically muted.
Phono Input with HDAM EQ Stage: The Marantz AV7706 is outfitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound. The HDAM component of the AV7706's phono preamp outperforms op-amp solutions due to its high speed and maintains a clean audio signal for exceptional sound performance.
7.1 Channel Input: The AV7706 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound.
HDMI 2.1: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (7 rear/1 front) and three HDMI outputs, the AV7706 incorporates an advanced video section that features some of the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications; including support for 8K/60Hz and 4K/120 Hz video pass-through (up to 40Gbps), HDCP 2.3 compatibility, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling.
- 4K/120 Hz + 8K/60Hz Pass-Through: All of the AV7706's HDMI inputs and monitor outputs support up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second. One HDMI input (HDMI 7) and two HDMI outputs (Main & Monitor 2) also support 8K (7680 x 4320) video @ 60 frames per second, as well as 4K video @ 120 frames per second (both up to 40Gbps). The preamplifier will also pass 1080p/i, 720p, 480p/i video signals via HDMI.
- HDCP 2.3 Compliant: All of the AV surround preamplifier's HDMI inputs and outputs support HDCP 2.3, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K/HDR video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The HDMI inputs and monitor outputs support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (pixel depth and frame rate will vary). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- Use a premium High Speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance. Use an Ultra High Speed 48Gbps HDMI cable to enjoy 8K video.
- Set the preamplifier's "4K/8K Signal Format" to "8K Enhanced" in the menu to enjoy 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz video.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Marantz AV7706 supports?HDR (high dynamic range) Video - including HDR10, HDR 10+, Hybrid Log-Gamma, Dolby Vision, and now Dynamic HDR. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the preamplifier and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: id s a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. HDR10+ incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the adjustment of brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- Hybrid-Log Gamma: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata technology which sets individual color and brightness levels for each and every scene. Dolby works directly with filmmakers at major Hollywood studios to create superior HDR video masters of blockbuster movies.
- Dynamic HDR: Dynamic HDR enables a noticeable progression in overall video image quality from SDR to static HDR, and now static HDR to dynamic HDR. Dynamic HDR support ensures every moment of a video is displayed at its ideal values for depth, detail, brightness, contrast, and wider color gamuts on a scene-by-scene or even a frame-by-frame basis. Dynamic HDR enhanced content is available for movies, videos, TV shows, video and PC games and VR.
4K & 8K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV surround preamplifier's sophisticated video processor provides upscaling from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K or 8K Ultra HD, as well as 4K video sources to 8K picture quality. By supporting video upconversion, you can connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the AV7706 and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the preamplifier's main HDMI output supports video upconversion (the HDMI Monitor 2out and HDMI Zone 2 out do not support video upconversion).
Three HDMI Outputs: The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same HDMI input signal (up to 8K) simultaneously to two separate displays, while the discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different HDMI audio/video source (up to 4K) in another zone (Zone 2).
Optimized Gaming: Showcased in the AV7706 are new HDMI features like Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) - which reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR): Support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) allows the TV to adapt to certain Game console's frame rate. This helps to reduce or eliminate lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): The preamplifier will enter ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) when it detects a gaming signal from a compatible device (such as a Xbox One) and allows for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience. During ALLM, the preamplifier disables the i/p scaler and Auto Lip Sync function.
- Quick Frame Transport (QFT): Quick Frame Transport (QFT) transmits each frame at a higher rate to decrease "display latency", which is the amount of time between a frame being ready for transmission in the GPU and that frame being completely displayed. Enjoy reduced latency for smoother, tear-free entertainment experience.
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz AV7706 AV surround preamplifier's HDMI connectivity also offers Quick Media Switching (QMS), 3D video pass-through, and auto LipSync function.
- Quick Media Switching: A new HDMI feature called Quick Media Switching (QMS) allows a HDMI video source to instantly switch the resolution or frame rate to eliminate screen blackout.
- 3D Ready: The AV7706 AV surround preamplifier supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the preamplifier set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the preamplifier automatically adjusts audio output timing, if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: <