CapitalSound.ca's Review of the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250F Floor-Standing Speaker (Black)
A room-friendly tower with a powerful punch
Klipsch speakers have long been a big favorite with our customers. Need proof? A quick look through CapitalSound.ca's customer reviews should more than convince you. So when Klipsch announced their latest Reference Premier Series speaker lineup we got really excited, because we're certain our customers will have a new favorite to love. Take the Reference Premier RP-250F floor-standing speaker, for example. This slender tower has a lot to offer music and movie lovers alike. Each cabinet boasts two 5-1/4" woofers for tight, punchy lows and clear mids, plus Klipsch's signature 1" horn tweeter for crisp, extended, highs. The RP-250F's dynamic, full-range sound and small footprint make it a great choice for both music and home theater systems in a medium-sized room.
The Reference Premiere Series difference
Never one to rest on its laurels, Klipsch has been busy refining and improving its designs to create loudspeakers that blow the doors off of its loyal followers' expectations. The new Reference Premiere Series builds on the acoustics and technologies of Klipsch's classic Reference Series, with important enhancements that provide an even more intense listening experience.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's newly designed Hybrid Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90° x 90° mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. Compared to previous models, this horn design delivers a wider sweet spot with more precise placement of instruments and vocals. Even the horn material itself has been upgraded to molded silicone rubber that helps decrease resonance for smoother, warmer highs.
A horn that can enhance bass, too
Look around the back, and you'll see that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
High-tech woofer design
The RP-250F's Cerametallic woofers dish out smooth midrange and articulate, well-defined bass. Klipsch makes its cones out of specially treated aluminum that's strong yet lightweight to dampen and prevent distortion. With the Reference Premiere Series, Klipsch also gave these woofers newly developed titanium voice coil formers that allow more linear movement for enhanced efficiency, lower distortion, and extended low frequency response.
Product Highlights | Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250F:
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (ۭdB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- two 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil formers
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing Tractrix port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- beveled MDF front baffle reduces frontal surface area to minimize diffraction, plus decrease high-frequency distortion and resonance
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- durable polymer veneer finish
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- angled MDF base plate for elevated image height and increased speaker stability
- 7-15/16"W x 36-1/16"H x 14-1/8"D
- weight: 37.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250F Owner's manual
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250F Owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker (Ebony)
- Detachable magnetic grille
- 4 Spike feet
- 6 Rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions